Succeeding through Networking
The main goal of the Cluster Initiative is to mobilise individual economic strength and to consistently expand the existing growth potential. Thereby strengthening the competitiveness of the forestry-timber-paper sector. Rural Small and Medium Enterprises, especially, will profit from the cluster policy. Cooperation platforms will extend the network between companies and will ease the access to research institutes. In addition, the networking among the 19 existing cluster initiatives will continue.
The cluster activities focus on:
- Initiating new and expanding existing networks between science and industry along the forestry-timber-paper value chain
- Developing expert groups, for topics such as "logistics", "SME cooperations", "timber mobilisation" and "innovation in wood utilisation"
- Initiating regional pilot projects and cooperations
- Integrating existing regional forestry and timber approaches within the cluster initiative
- Analysing the raw material and commodity flows
- Technology transfer, research and development cooperations
- Initiating a founder platform
- Influencing political frameworks (e.g. sustainable buildings)
- PR / trade fair exhibitions / presentations / dialogues